As our Lead Display Design Engineer,, you will managers, production managers and external vendor partners to design, build and develop the most cost-effective and creative solutions for our clients.
In conjunction with our Creative Director, you will be responsible for converting retail display design concepts into functional engineered solutions for production and estimating of temporary, semi-temporary and permanent retail displays and 3D graphics.
- Utilize your engineering / fabrication background to create innovative solutions to design challenges
- Provide leadership and technical direction to other staff involved in the prototyping and production of projects
- Hands-on fabrication of prototypes and production runs as needed
- Develop detailed drawings for production including bills of materials, manage all engineering documentation
- Generate renderings for client presentations
- Make recommendations for both internal and external manufacturing processes, techniques, and technology, recommend external vendor partners where appropriate
- Make recommendations for material alternatives and their advantages + costs
- Prioritize and manage project deadlines and communicate project status to all relevant stakeholders
- 3-5 years Retail display design and engineering experience or the equivalent (interiors, trade shows, product)
- Proficiency in Rhino, Solidworks, Autodesk, Sketchup or similar Cad / 3D rendering / modeling program
- Functional knowledge of Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Expert knowledge / experience with the following materials and processes:
- Creating dielines for temporary P.O.P. displays or packaging projects using cardstock, corrugated, or paper materials
- Wood, sheet metal, & welding
- Plastics fabrication including bending / welding of sheet goods, vacuum forming and injection molding
- Understanding of methods and techniques of dimension and tolerance
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to help build and prepare initial display prototypes
- Innovative thinker and problem solver with ability to juggle concurrent projects on tight deadlines
- Self-motivated w/ excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fun, creative and casual work environment
- Substantial benefits package (medical, dental, vision + 401k w/employer match)
- High standards of quality and creativity
- A tight-knit, strong team of employees
- High profile projects
We are looking for the right candidate, willing to commit to a long-term relationship. Please send us a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and we will respond to applicants chosen for later interviews. Any applications missing this info will not be responded to. All replies and interviews will be strictly confidential.
Thank you for your interest!